- 140g blanched almonds, lightly toasted
- 115g soft unsalted butter
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 140g (1 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 2 tbs icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the almonds in a food processor and finely grind.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the ground almonds and vanilla essence and sift in the flour. Mix to form a smooth dough.
- Use your hands to roll the dough into balls the size of a walnut. Transfer to the lined tray and bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sift icing sugar evenly over the biscuits. Return to the oven for a further 2 minutes. Set aside on the tray to cool.